Apple’s official iMovie app for iPhone has been updated to version 1.1. The new update requires iOS 4.1 and is compatible with the new iPod touch. The updates also adds several new features, including the ability split video clips, automatic music looping, and more.
– Compatible with iPod touch (4th generation).
– Ability to split video clips.
– Automatic music looping when video extends beyond music track.
– Scrub to preview clips in Video Browser.
– In-app Tips page that illustrates how to use key features.
– Updated Photos Browser with newest images at top.
– Mute badge to indicate video clips with audio disabled.
– Additional performance and reliability improvements.
For those who already own iMovie simply update it through iTunes, the rest of you can buy it through iTunes for $4.99
Apple just released the long awaited iOS 4.1. so don’t just sit there, go get it!
The update varies in size, depending on your device, and can be downloaded directly through the iTunes update service. As expected the update for iPhone and iPod touch includes lots of bug fixes, as well as new features like HDR photos, HD video upload, TV show rentals and Game Center.
The update is compatible with iPhone 4; iPhone 3G and GS; and iPod touch 2G, however you should note that not all features work on all devices however. Those of you hoping for an iPad update anytime soon will be disappointed to hear that Apple isn’t planning any update for the device prior to the November expected release of iOS 4.2.