Well this is interesting, during the “Back to the Mac” Apple COO Tim Cook had some interesting numbers for us, one in five PCs sold in the United States is a Mac, making up 20.67% of U.S. consumer market share, and bringing in triple the amount of money the Mac has earned since fiscal year 2005.
That’s the amazing number, these numbers are pretty awesome too:
- Year-over-year growth is 27% for the Mac compared to 11% for the PC
- There are 600,000 Mac developers
- 33% of Apple’s revenue comes from the Mac. That’s enough to fund a Fortune 500 company on its own, and would rank 110th on the list (though it was made clear Apple has no plans to spin the Mac off)
- More than 75 million people have visited an Apple Store within the last business quarter
- The stores in China have the highest traffic of any Apple Store, signifying lots of potential in that company
All very impressive numbers for Apple’s traditional computing platform. iPhones and iPads are no slouches, either, of course, but the Mac is stronger than ever.