One of the more interesting news yesterday was the fact that Apple made “Find my iPhone” free for everyone to use. Therefore we have decided to create this How To… Guide, which will hopefully make it easier for you to set up the App.
This works on the iPhone 4 iPad and iPod touch, however for it to work you must update to iOS 4.2.1, once you have made sure you are up to date, follow the steps below.
1. Click on settings –>Mail, contacts, calendar
2. Click on the “add contact” button, then MobileMe
3. Now enter your Apple-ID as well as your password, these are the same as the ones you use for the App Store. If you don’t have an Apple-ID, there is the option to create one right there in the section.
4. Your device will now try to verify your account, if this is your first log in with this ID, then Apple will send you a verification mail.
5. The program will now ask whether you allow contact to be made with your device, simply click “allow”
When this has been completed your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch Will be ready for detection, to test it simply log into me.com or through the “Find my iPhone” app from the App Store.
You can try the different options, locate on map, send a message or play a sound, however be careful not to wipe your phone completely.