In the past few days as we have reported previously, Apple has been very busy releasing updates, it seems as if they have released more updates in three days than in the past few months. Earlier today Apple released an update to its Safari web browser.
The 5.0.4 update contains improvements to stability, compatibility, accessibility and security, including the following:
- Improved stability for web pages with multiple instances of plug-in content
- Improved compatibility with web pages with image reflections and transition effects
- A fix for an issue that could cause some web pages to print with incorrect layouts
- A fix for an issue that could cause content to display incorrectly on web pages with plug-ins
- A fix for an issue that could cause a Screen Saver to appear while video is playing in Safari
- Improved compatibility with VoiceOver on web pages with text input areas and lists with selectable items
- Improved stability when using VoiceOver
The Safari 5.0.4 update weighs in at 37.65 MB for Snow Leopard, 33.97 MB for Windows and 46.83 MB for Leopard. Mac OS X 10.5.8 or Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or higher required. The update is currently live in Software update and should be live on Apple’s Safari page soon.