If you have tried to sync your iDevice within the past few hours, then you will have noticed that your iTunes will tell you that there is an iOS update available for it.
The latest firmware offers the following improvements and fixes:
- Fixes an occasional graphics glitch on iPod touch (4th generation)
- Resolves bugs related to activating and connecting to some cellular networks
- Fixes image flicker when using Apple Digital AV Adapter with some TVs
- Resolves an issue authenticating with some enterprise web services
The update supports: iPhone 4 (GSM model only), iPhone 3GS, iPad, iPad 2, and iPod touch (3rd and 4th generation). The update isn’t available of Verizon iPhone 4 users who remain on iOS 4.2.6.
There isn’t any mention of a fix for battery woes encountered by users across practically all iOS devices, but I hope that it addresses that problem as well.
Information about security fixes in this update can be found in this Apple knowledge base document.
You can get the update either through iTunes or from the direct links below:
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPad 2 (also iPad 2,2 and iPad 2,3)
- iPod touch 3rd generation
- iPod touch 4th gen