While most were hoping for the iPhone 5 this is still what we have all been waiting for, Phil Schiller introduced the iPhone 4S today at Apple’s iPhone event.
The devices boasts the A5 processor for dual-core graphics, making it 7 times faster than the previous iPhone.
It looks exactly like the iPhone 4.
- The device has 14 hours of 2g talk time, 6 hours of 3g browsing, and 9 hours of Wi-Fi browsing
- The iPhone 4S can get a maximum of 14.4Mbps down, thanks to Apple’s new adoption of HSDPA technology. It’s kind of like 4G, but not really.
“As you know we revolutionized with these steel bands on the outside of the phone. We’ve done something technically amazing. It can now intelligently switch between the antennas for even better call quality.”
Other features include:
- The iPhone 4S is a “world phone” capable of running on both GSM and CDMA basebands. We all saw that coming.
- It’s got a 8 megapixel camera sensor.
- It has backside illumination.
- The white balance has been improved. Five elements lens with 30% more sharpness. Say goodbye to slow shutter speed.
- The iPhone 4S has 1080p video recording.
The iPhone 4s will be available in Black and white,
16GB for $199
32GB for $299
64GB for $399