Apple today announced the launch of GarageBand for iPhone and iPod touch, making the previous iPad-only version a universal app.“GarageBand on iPad has been a big hit and we think customers will love using it on their iPhone or iPod touch,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing.
“The innovative Multi-Touch interface combined with Smart Instruments makes it easy to create great sounding music, even if you’ve never studied music or played an instrument before.”
What’s New in Version 1.1
– Universal app designed for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
– Create custom chords for Smart Instruments
– Support for 3/4 and 6/8 time signatures
– Reset song key without transposing original recordings
– Transpose songs in semitones or full octaves
– Additional quantization options for recordings including, straight, triplet and swing
– New audio export quality settings for AAC and AIFF (Uncompressed)
– Arpeggiator available in Smart Keyboard
– Adjustable velocity settings for Touch Instruments
– Numerous enhancements, including automatic fade out and improved audio import options
Pricing & Availability
GarageBand 1.1 for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch is available on the App Store™ for $4.99 (US) to new users, or as a free update for existing GarageBand for iPad customers. GarageBand is a universal app that runs on iPad, iPad 2, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and iPod touch (3rd & 4th generation).